Applications are accepted any time prior to the deadline - end of business, Tuesday, February 28. Materials mailed must be postmarked by the respective deadline. Acceptance announcements are made one month after the application deadline.
Melody Warnick will be leading a free workshop ...
Time: 10:00 AM - 11:15 AM
Duke University - Continuing Studies
Are you a nonprofit Board member or staffer looking to sharpen your skills in areas such as fundraising, grant writing and volunteer management?
The Danville Regional Foundation is once again sponsoring the nonprofit training series offered through the Nonprofit Management Program, a unit of Duke University Office of Continuing Studies. There will be two courses of study to choose from: individual courses costing $35 per session or a two-week intensive certificate track that includes eight sessions for $250. These world-class offerings, which in full regularly cost nearly $1,650, are made available to the Dan River Region for a fraction of the cost.
The series will be offered at the Institute for Advanced Learning and Research and the class size for each session will be limited to fifteen (15). Registration is required and is accessible through www.drfonline.org with a list of classes offered along with course descriptions.
What do you need to know?
- For the individual capacity building courses, you can sign up for one course or all courses. The fee for each session is $35.
- If you register for all eight individual sessions, the cost is $250.
- The intensive certificate track will be held April 4-7 and June 6-9 at the Institute for Advanced Learning & Research in Danville. The total cost for all eight sessions is $250. The intensive track registration is now CLOSED.
- Registration is first come, first serve.
- Please limit your organization′s representation to no more than two individuals in any one course. Ideally one staff member and one board member.
- Participants must work or live in Caswell County, NC, Pittsylvania County, VA, or the City of Danville.
- Coursework may be applied towards the Duke University Certificate in Nonprofit Management.
For more information on the regional offerings in the Duke Nonprofit Management Training Series, please contact DRF Senior Program Officer Starling McKenzie at 434–483–4273 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2016 Nonprofit Capacity Building Training Series
Institute for Advanced Learning and Research, 150 Slayton Avenue, Danville, VA.