DRF Vision, Mission & Values
The Danville Regional Foundation (DRF) envisions thriving Dan River Region communities where all residents are encouraged and equipped to build healthy and productive lives for themselves and their families.
DRF’s mission is to be a catalyst for long-term transformation through the development, promotion and support of impactful activities and programs that address the health, education and well-being of all the Dan River Region’s residents.
The Foundation is one part of a large collaborative network of partners from all sectors working together as agents for innovation promising a sustained positive impact on the entire region.
DRF officers and Board believe in the ability and necessity of individuals to work together to advance the common good. We partner with people who share our commitment to expanded opportunity and increased well-being for all the region's residents.
We intend for our work to be guided by and exhibit these values:
- Equity: We work to eliminate gaps between groups in health, education, and economic opportunity so that all residents can thrive in an economy equal to thriving regions elsewhere.
- Excellence: We encourage innovation that inspires regional pride and produces excellent outcomes for present and future residents.
- Engagement: We seek active partnerships with all segments of the community.
- Openness: We operate with fairness, encouraging dialogue to build trust and understanding.
- Courage: We take calculated risks designed to challenge the current state of affairs and establish success as the new expectation, not the exception.