Managing your Nonprofit Effectively
Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
DRF Vision, Mission & Values
The Danville Regional Foundation (DRF) envisions a thriving Dan River Region that works well for everyone.
DRF is a catalyst for innovation and an agent for transformation. Understanding that significant community change takes time, the Foundation invests for the long term in efforts that promise sustained positive impact for the Dan River Region. The Foundation is committed to development, promotion, and support of activities, programs, and organizations that address the health, education, and well-being of the region′s residents.
DRF officers and Board believe in the ability and necessity of individuals to work together to advance the common good. We partner with people who share our commitment to expanded opportunity and increased well-being for all the region's residents.
We intend for our work to be guided by and exhibit these values:
- Equity: We work to eliminate gaps between groups in health, education, and economic opportunity so that all residents can thrive in an economy equal to thriving regions elsewhere.
- Excellence: We encourage innovation that inspires regional pride and produces excellent outcomes for present and future residents.
- Engagement: We seek active partnerships with all segments of the community.
- Openness: We operate with fairness, encouraging dialogue to build trust and understanding.
- Courage: We take calculated risks designed to challenge the current state of affairs and establish success as the new expectation, not the exception.