Click here for a complete discussion of DRF's Grant Guidelines and the application process.
Please note, DRF does not support:
- Programs operating or benefiting primarily those outside its geographic focus area;
- Grants to organizations that do not have 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable or government status;
- Grants to individuals;
- Grants to faith-based institutions for religious purposes;
- Dinners, benefits, and other fund raising events;
- Requests that seek to substitute or supplant funding that is the legitimate responsibility of government. (However, on occasion DRF will consider requests to supplement government funds when major benefits to the Region and DRF's mission are apparent.)
- Grants to fire departments, rescue squads, and public safety organizations unless extraordinary circumstances exist and it is apparent how such projects produce one or more of the Foundation's four outcomes. The projects would also need to have a significant multiplier effect upon a substantial portion of DRF's region.
- Capital projects, such as building construction, debt reduction, and endowment, unless they are explicitly tied to one or more DRF outcomes, benefit a significant portion of the region, demonstrate broad-based support, have a significant multiplier effect, significantly increase the core capacity of an organization, or have an extraordinary impact in the region. In the unusual circumstance when DRF does choose to fund a capital project, funding would normally be limited to 40% or less of the project's estimated cost.
- Broad, unfocused requests.
- Requests from units of government that have their own capacity to raise funds, or requests that are intended to reduce the funding responsibilities of taxing authorities.
- DRF may fund capital projects, such as building construction, debt reduction, and endowment, only if they are explicitly tied to one or more of DRF outcomes, benefit a significant portion of the region, demonstrate broad-based support, have a significant multiplier effect, significantly increase the core capacity of an organization, or have an extraordinary impact in the region.
Click here to send a Letter of Inquiry for a grant application.
Click here to register and begin an online grant application.
Click here to open a PDF of the DRF grant application to download and complete offline.