DRF is currently searching for a Treasurer & CFO to join our team. To learn more about the requirements and duties, please review the full job description here.
Treasurer & CFO Search
General Definition of Work
Performs difficult professional work managing all financial functions, including accounting, investments, budgets, financial reporting, human resources, and tax planning and compliance. Sets up and monitors procedures and controls to ensure IRS and other regulatory compliance. Provides support to the President & CEO, Board and Board Committees. Work is performed under the general direction of the President & CEO. Departmental supervision is exercised over Accountant and Administrative Assistant.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Directs the accounting and payroll activities and operations; monitors operating bank account.
- Manages and coordinates the Foundation's investments with investment advisors and various investment managers; establishes and promotes a positive working relationship with custodian bank and provides investment instructions; reviews monthly reports from investment managers, custodian bank and investment consultant for consistency and internal records; summarizes investment transactions in a format that can be used for accounting purposes.
- Provides analysis and recommendations on investments and other support as required to the Financial Investment Committee of the Board; supervises and directs investment changes made at the request of the Committee and/or Board.
- Forecasts and manages cash flows and investment balances to ensure adequate liquidity for payment of grants and operating expenses of the Foundation.
- Provides leadership and supervision to accounting staff; hires, trains, evaluates and promotes staff; assigns, directs and reviews staff work; handles disciplinary issues and conducts performance evaluations.
- Prepares annual operating budget and submits to CEO and Board for approval; monitors budget compliance.
- Provides staff support to Audit Committee of Board; prepares RFP for securing audit services; coordinates the audit process; responds to any financial management issues raised by auditors; evaluates internal control issues and reports to Committee as required.
- Implements financial and other software systems as needed. Creates format for financial reporting; reviews financial reports prepared for distribution to the Board and outside organizations.
Additional Functions (may be assigned based on experience and need):
- Ensure that the Foundation maintains adequate casualty, D&O and other insurance.
- Manage the Foundation’s human resources functions, including payroll, and benefits design and administration, ERISA compliance and personnel policies.
- Manage and coordinate the Foundation’s efforts in it’s local real estate investment initiative and the ongoing relationship with the investment manager. Regularly reports on progress to the Financial Investment Committee and Board.
- Assist the CEO as needed on special projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Comprehensive knowledge of general statutes, laws and administrative policies governing financial practices and procedures for foundations; comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of foundation and non-profit accounting and investment; thorough knowledge of standard accounting software; general knowledge of foundation programs, operations and policies; general knowledge of best practices in leadership and management; general knowledge of standard office software; ability to interpret federal, state and local policies, procedures, laws and regulations related to finance; ability to evaluate organizational needs and efficiently formulate and install accounting methods, procedures, forms and records to address them; ability to prepare informative financial reports; ability to understand and apply governmental accounting practices in maintenance of financial records; ability to prioritize and meet deadlines; ability to operate personal computer and standard office equipment; ability to make mathematical calculations, compile data and understand statistical analysis; ability to plan, organize, direct and evaluate the work of staff; ability to communicate complex ideas, both orally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and the general public.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree with coursework in business, finance, accounting, or related field and extensive experience in investments, accounting and management, or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA license preferred.
If interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and résumé to the below:
Treasurer & CFO Position
Danville Regional Foundation
512 Bridge Street
Danville, VA 24541
Or send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submission is December 20, 2019. Preference will be given to candidates who are willing to relocate to the Danville region or already reside here.