DRF's Board of Directors, with BoardWalk Consulting, has begun the search for DRF's next CEO and president. Click here to see full leadership profile.
2018 Duke Nonprofit Capacity Building Training
Part of the "Duke University - Continuing Studies" Series
Are you a nonprofit Board member or staffer looking to sharpen your skills in areas such as fundraising, grant writing and volunteer management?
The Danville Regional Foundation is once again sponsoring the nonprofit training series offered through the Nonprofit Management Program, a unit of Duke University Office of Continuing Studies. There will be two courses of study to choose from: individual courses costing $35 per session or a two-week intensive certificate track that includes eight sessions for $250. These world-class offerings, which in full regularly cost nearly $1,650, are made available to the Dan River Region for a fraction of the cost.
The series will be offered at the Institute for Advanced Learning and Research and the class size for each session will be limited to fifteen (15). Registration is required and is accessible through www.drfonline.org with a list of classes offered along with course descriptions.
What do you need to know?
- For the individual capacity building courses, you can sign up for one course or all courses. The fee for each session is $35.
- If you register for all eight individual sessions, the cost is $250.
- The intensive certificate track will be held April 9-12, 2018 and June 11-14, 2018 at the Institute for Advanced Learning & Research in Danville. The total cost for all eight sessions is $250.
- Registration is first come, first serve.
- Please limit your organization′s representation to no more than two individuals in any one course. Ideally one staff member and one board member.
- Participants must work or live in Caswell County, NC, Pittsylvania County, VA, or the City of Danville.
- Coursework may be applied towards the Duke University Certificate in Nonprofit Management.
For more information on the regional offerings in the Duke Nonprofit Management Training Series, please contact DRF Senior Program Officer Starling McKenzie at 434–483–4273 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
May - October, 2018
Up to 15 students are accepted into each class in the Nonprofit Capacity Building Training Series Registration is open to nonprofit organizations in the following localities - Danville, Pittsylvania County, and Caswell County, NC.