Marketing Your Nonprofit (Can You Hear Me Now?)...
Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Grantwriting and Compliance – How to Write Effective Grants
This event is part of the series:
September 24, 2019
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Instructor: Ruth Peebles, MPA, email@example.com
This course will guide participants through the grants management process -- from the preparation of a grant proposal to fiscal report preparation. Participants will learn the important elements of a grant proposal -- including the cover letter, executive summary, need statement, goals, objectives, methodology, evaluation, the budget and future funding. The session will feature strategies for building relationships with funders and the typical questions funders ask when considering a proposal and the criteria used. Practical tips for ensuring compliance and improving chances of future success will be presented.
- Implement effective processes and practices that lead to successful grant writing including how to build relationships with funders.
- Understand the essential components of a grant proposal package.
- Determine the most effective writing strategies and styles for various grant applications including public grants and private grants.
- Evaluate and access grant proposals after reviewing and critiquing a proposal sample.
- Create a system for compliance management – report on a grant’s progress and impact.
Bio: Ruth Peebles, President of The INS Group offers over 30 years of hands‐on experience in nonprofit management, project management, fundraising and organizational development. The INS Group was founded in 1999 with the mission of helping federal, state, and local government agencies, nonprofits, and faith-based institutions use innovative solutions to build their capacity and sustain their programs and services. Ms. Peebles is an instructor for the Duke University Nonprofit Management Program and served as an adjunct instructor for the School of Public and International Affairs Master of Public Administration Program at North Carolina State University. Ms. Peebles currently serves on Wake County Affiliate Board of the North Carolina Community Foundation and Student U Board of Directors. She is a founding member of the Next Generation of African American Philanthropists giving circle.